Bread has always kind of been my thing, but there’s something about banana bread that’s even better. I think because it’s so easy to play around with, adding different ingredients and ways to spice it up. I’m not gonna lie, I really outdid myself with this one. It’s gluten free, full of collagen (hey protein), and also wonderfully chocolate-y ;)
I used the new Bulletproof chocolate collagen protein collagen protein and it turned out FABULOUS. Added the perfect cocoa flavor without any artificial flavors, sugars, and even better? No whey. It’s the perfect comfort food as these temps come down here in the midwest — I can’t wait for you guys to try!
Double Chocolate Collagen Banana Bread
Gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free, protein packed, chocolate-y banana bread.
Makes: 1 loaf
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter, unsalted
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ c almond flour
- 1/4 c tapioca flour
- 2 scoops Bulletproof chocolate collagen protein
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a medium loaf pan with coconut oil
- In large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, peanut butter, coconut sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In separate bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca flour, collagen, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Gently stir the dry mixture into the wet ingredients until combined. Fold in half the chocolate chips, leaving the rest to sprinkle on top.
- Transfer mix to prepared loaf pan. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy!