There are two things I can meal prep and never get sick of them: asian dishes & mexican. So when a friend of mine showed me this recipe for healthier chicken lettuce wraps, I had to put my own twist on it. No soy sauce. No grains. Just pure, whole food, yumminess. Best part is it's super easy and can be prepped and finished in under an hour.
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 3 T liquid aminos
- 3 T teriyaki coconut aminos
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T water
- 1 T ginger, minced/ground
- 1 T rice vinegar
- 1 T sriracha
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 t arrowroot (can sub cornstarch)
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 lb chicken breast, ground or cubed
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1/4 C cashews, chopped
- 1/3 C green onion
- 1/3 C carrots, shredded
- 1/3 C white onion
- 12 oz package cauliflower rice (can use regular rice if not grain free)
- Bibb lettuce for wraps
- Prepare sauce. Place all ingredients in a small bowl & whisk. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly brown.
- Add sauce, cashews, green onion, carrots, and white onion. Allow to thicken for a couple minutes.
- Stir in package of cauliflower rice.
- Serve in lettuce wraps or as desired.