Bread has always kind of been my thing, but there’s something about banana bread that’s even better. I think because it’s so easy to play around with, adding different ingredients and ways to spice it up. I’m not gonna lie, I really outdid myself with this one. It’s gluten free, full of collagen (hey protein), and also wonderfully chocolate-y ;)
I used the new Bulletproof chocolate collagen protein collagen protein and it turned out FABULOUS. Added the perfect cocoa flavor without any artificial flavors, sugars, and even better? No whey. It’s the perfect comfort food as these temps come down here in the midwest — I can’t wait for you guys to try!
Double Chocolate Collagen Banana Bread
Gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free, protein packed, chocolate-y banana bread.
Makes: 1 loaf
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter, unsalted
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ c almond flour
- 1/4 c tapioca flour
- 2 scoops Bulletproof chocolate collagen protein
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a medium loaf pan with coconut oil
- In large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, peanut butter, coconut sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In separate bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca flour, collagen, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Gently stir the dry mixture into the wet ingredients until combined. Fold in half the chocolate chips, leaving the rest to sprinkle on top.
- Transfer mix to prepared loaf pan. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
Happy Monday! If you're like me, a meal is never really complete without a lil somethin' somethin' sweet (totally didn't plan that, but my inner poet is so proud). These are the perfect not-so-bad-for-you solution, granted you don't eat them all in one sitting. With no refined sugar + superfood goodness, they truly are amazeBALLS. Let me know what you think! :)
For my nutritional info peeps, here's the scoop:
Makes: 18 balls.
Per serving: 98 calories | 7.4F / 5.7C / 3.7P | only 2G sugar
What you'll need:
1 1/2 c almonds
1/3 c coconut flakes, unsweetened (additional flakes needed to roll at the end)
1/4 c collagen peptides [I used Vital Proteins]
2 tbsp cashew butter [I used Trader Joe's]
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp maca powder
1 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tbsp mini chocolate chips [optional; I used Enjoy Life dairy-free chips]
2-3 tbsp water
What you'll do:
In a food processor, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and water. Blend until a crumbly mixture (Is that a word? If not, I'm making it a word).
Scrape down food processor with spatula and add in mini chocolate chips. Blend until fully incorporated; mixture will still be rather crumbly.
While processor is on, slowly add water one tablespoon at a time until mixture begins to stick together [I used about 2 1/2 tablespoons - the consistency will be just moist enough to roll into balls that keep their shape].
Using hands, form mixture into balls (I made 18). Then roll to cover with unsweetened coconut flakes.
Refrigerate and devour.
These should last about a week in your fridge. That's if you can keep from eating them all before then. Enjoy!