Before I jump into things, let me just say HI! Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog. This has been a vision of mine for a little over a year now and I am so flippin excited to finally bring it to life. My name is Lindsey, @lindseylivingwell on Instagram. I currently live in southeastern Michigan, but I'm quite sure I was supposed to be born in the south (so pardon my random use of the word y'all).
A couple weeks ago, I posted on Instagram and said I'd answer the first 24 questions people wanted to know about me. I'm hoping that throughout the journey of this blog, I'll answer ALL of the questions I received, but here's the ones I promised to answer. I happen not think we're off to a pretty solid start here :)
1. Do you have any siblings? YES. I have two fabulous little sisters, one here in Michigan and one in Alabama. I love them to death and we even all like each other most of the time.
2. Cat or dog person? PUPS all the way. I have a 14-year-old cocker spaniel/terrier rescue named Mollie. When I'm older I'll probably be the crazy with a million golden retrievers.
3. What did you study in school? I received my Bachelor's in Neuroscience from MSU... Go Green!
4. What do you use to curl your hair? I used to only use a 2" curling iron, but I recently purchased a the Beachwaver S1 and I am legitimately OBSESSED.
5. Do you follow a specific workout guide/routine? I just recently finished the Strong & Sexy Body Method by Paola Marquez (@paosfitworld). I highly recommend this guide to anyone interested in lifting weights, whether you're experienced or just beginning. I saw amazing results and I loved the format of the guide!
6. Do you have any recommendations for people who don't have access to a gym? Lauren Gleisberg has tons of at-home routines on her page! Her guides were the first ones I ever followed and she has tons of free resources. Also, while the program wasn't for me, Kayla Itsines BBG program is a really good option for at-home workouts!
7. What's your favorite snapchat filter? DA BUNNY. But seriously... I can't get enough of it's cuteness. But if you follow me on IG stories or snap you already knew that hehe.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? AH this question always gets me. It's honestly a tie between Germany and Greece. Germany because I'd love to see where my relatives grew up and I love all the history there. Greece because... well... have you ever seen pictures?
9. What is your favorite kind of music? It seriously depends on my mood, but I listen to Country most often. When I'm at the gym I love me some Pop Hits and Rap (nothing like some Drake on leg days).
10. How did you meet your boyfriend? (Tbh I got so many questions about him I'm starting to think he's more liked than me) BUT anyway B and I met while working on the same floor at the hospital. He's the best. And everyday I wonder how and why he's put up with me for the last year.
11. Where did you get your "L" necklace? It's Kate Spade, but I got it for Valentine's Day from Nordstrom.
12. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Another close tie... lately, anything chocolate peanut butter. But for most of my life it's been mint chocolate chip.
13. Favorite disney princess? Pretty sure 5-year-old Lindsey would tell you Sleeping Beauty. That soundtrack used to be my JAM.
14. What shampoo/condition do you use? I'm not super committed to a particular brand yet... But what I'm loving right now is the Andalou Naturals Lavender & Biotin set.
15. What's your favorite meal of the day? Brunch. All day everyday. Give me all the eggs benny in the world. And gourmet pancakes. And french toast. Oh yes and how could I forget mimosas.
16. What is your least favorite word in the english language? It honestly causes me pain to type this, but I have always hated the word moist. It's just so disgusting.
17. Who is your celebrity crush? Ryan Reynolds is my day one. The Proposal is one of my favorites movies.
18. What are some of your favorite TV series? Parenthood, One Tree Hill, and Game of Thrones. Right now I'm really digging Big Little Lies on HBO though,
19. What are some of your favorite podcasts to listen to? Bulletproof Radio, The Healthy Maven, Food Psych, The Balanced Blonde Soul on Fire. Those are my current top 4.
20. Ideal date night? Well, if you didn't know, I'm secretly an 80-year-old trapped in a twenty-something's body. SO I'm all in for someone making dinner, curling up on the couch, watching a good movie, and inhaling a big ole bowl of popcorn with me.
21. Any guilty pleasures? Reality television. I'm a sucker for The Bachelor and The Bachelorette (curse you, ABC). Also Teen Mom. And KUWTK. This is getting embarrassing.
22. What's your biggest pet peeve? Chewing. With. Your. Mouth. Open. JUST NO.
23. What's one thing you wish you did more often? Definitely hike. I envy those of you who live in a place that allows you to do so a regular basis. The best hike I've ever been on was with my bestie (@fitnessjuliet on instagram) to Cathedral Rock. I'm still in awe I actually made it to the top. One of my absolute favorite days. Ever.
24. Do you have any hidden talents? ....I can touch my tongue to my nose? And I can sound just like Adele if you turn the music up loud enough.
There ya have it, folks. 24 semi-useful facts about yours truly. If you want to know more about me and my journey, head over here! And thanks a million for showing support on this new endeavor. I have so much to share with y'all (told you it would happen) and I cannot wait.